Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Blog Reboot!

The time has come to reboot my blog! And with the reboot comes changes... first off, I'm gonna stop posting in Spanish, mainly due to the fact that my skills lack horribly. Writing in Spanish is like a Bakhtin induced nightmare, I find it difficult to chose words to express what I could have easily written in English. This brings us to the second change, the main reason for which the blog was created ( and written in Spanish) was to fulfill last year's course requirements. With said course over, the blog has been liberated from obscure school assignments! Hurray! Well now...I guess the third change will be the challenge of trying to post something every single day, which is not particularly hard, but what usually happens is that I put off posting one day, then I put it off the next day, and next thing I know a whole month has passed...

Well now it's time to talk about something interesting!

So one of the things I do is make little portable sketchbooks, the format varies from book to book, but they range from A5 to smaller then a standard poker card. And they're nothing out of this world, most of them are made with scraps of leftover materials, one tiny book for example, had about 100 pages but was made with only eight A4 sheets. Anyways, I first started making them so I could draw on the bus or while waiting for class to start, basically to kill time. As I finished filling the first one, I started to realize how much more comfortable I felt while drawing, I also found the strange little sketches that were produced during these short intervals very useful, especially when working on more polished drawings. So what I started doing was posting them, every day or two, kinda of like a dairy, a diary filled with strange random illustrations. I called it project notebook...and I still do. Since then, I've realized many important things about randomly sketching things in my mind, which I will post about as I post up drawings in my two most recent sketchbooks. One is called "mini long booklet of awesome love vomit", the other "Purple Inspiration".

Title: Front Cover of mini long booklet of awesome love vomit
Year:2012
Technique:Acrylic + Ink
Support Base: CardBoard 

Title: Back Cover of mini long booklet of awesome love vomit
Year:2012
Technique:Acrylic + Ink
Support Base: CardBoard  


Title: Front Cover of Purple Inspiration
Year:2012
Technique:Acrylic
Support Base: Cloth  
Title: Front Cover of Purple Inspiration

Year:2012
Technique:Acrylic
Support Base: Cloth
If you look up top on the pages bar you'll see Project Notebook, on that page has links which will show you all the posts related to each of my old sketchbooks.

Till tomorrow,
Erb

No comments:

Post a Comment