Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Games

So I never really talk about or show my games... The main reason is because most of them are fairly personal, it's hard to share things like that, even more so when they're works in progress. So I'm gonna try to show more of these things I'm working on...

Right now I'm working on several "small" games. Below are 3 of these games, each one has about a week of work put in to it, except for the last one which I've put about two weeks into(with several months of reflection in between).

This first one is the only one with an actual title, it's called "Aguantando Frio". It's pretty far along code-wise since the game is fairly simple. It's based on those classic the more you go down, the more points you get as long as you don't touch the top or bottom of the screen.
I have a friend who has a version of that game on their cellphone and obsesses over the highscores. So I got the idea of taking the design of the game and re-engineering it into something I would consider art. I'm currently taking a break from working on this game, but basically what's left to do is flesh out the game flow to fit my vision, and create the artwork for the game.
Onto the next game! This is the one I'm currently working on now, basically the idea came out of making a game that ran at a resolution of 16x16 pixels and with the added challenge that it had to convey "real" love. I'm not sure if it actually conveys love, but it does show other things... The game itself is more expressive visually than through its rules, I'd say it's of an atmospheric platformer if I had to categorize it. The gist of the game is that it is centered around the player's character, as it takes up most of the screen. This will probably be the first one I'll finish, probably after next week's Gamejolt contest.
This last one is probably the most complicated one, but the idea is simple, it's a game about walking. More specifically it's about how I feel when I roam the streets of Montevideo. Most of the difficulty comes from the fact that the city in the game is randomly generated, but I feel that it's an intrinsic part of the game experience. Also I see that I'm learning a lot from trying to design the game that way. I can't really find much to say about game itself, it's kinda difficult to find words to try to describe it, but I'm sure as I work on it they'll come to me.
So those are a some of the things I'm working on, I have a couple more some which are inactive(but will soon be taken up again) and others  like my "Rogue Fanboy" project which I wanna keep kinda mysterious... I also have a couple other ideas I want to jam on, so stay tuned for more updates and stuff...

1 comment:

  1. te necesitamos en la Galope Erb, hay que ponernos en contacto, había empezado a hacer la tapa y dijiste que tenías algunas ideas.

    ReplyDelete